GRAND GORILLA TOUR
Gorilla Safaris Tours, Gorilla Tracking Uganda & Uganda Gorilla Tours
In South western Uganda at the edge of the western Great Rift Valley, hugging the border of the Democratic Republic of Congo, lies Bwindi Forest. Theatrical mountain formations are swathed in 331 square kilometers of the thick tropical forest that earned the name ‘Bwindi Impenetrable’. Deep in the undergrowth, we encounter families of mountain gorillas in the intimacy of their own home. Almost every visitor of this secluded habitat describes the meeting as a moving, near spiritual experience never to be forgotten.
3 DAYS | 2 NIGHTS
- Gorilla Tracking
- Batwa Cultural encounter
- Equator Experience
Day 1: Into the Impenetrable Forest
After your breakfast, you will be picked up to begin your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest national park. A brief stop at Uganda Equator gives us a chance to look through the many craft markets for a few souvenirs/gifts, and perhaps a cup of coffee. This is followed by another stop for Lunch in Mbarara. We traverse the rolling hills of the southwestern landscape on our way to Bwindi Forest National Park, where we check into our booked Lodge in time for dinner.
Accommodation: Broadbill forest Camp
Meal Plan: Half-Board
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking Uganda – Batwa Cultural Experience
Gorilla Tracking Uganda After a briefing, we venture into Bwindi Forest on foot and enter a world suspended outside of time. The undergrowth thrives with diverse plants, mammals, and birds. It may be minutes or hours before we come upon a gorilla family, but when we finally do, the encounter sweeps us into a timeless moment. We watch the juveniles play as the impressive adults groom and keep a sly but watchful eye on their human visitors. In this moment, a feeling of kinship rises to close the gap that grew between us and our primate relatives over millennia. We descend, elated and arrested in a timeless moment to be told and retold for years to come. We return to the lodge to catch our breath before our next hard adventure with the Batwa people, also known as the pygmies that originated from the Ituri forest of Congo.
Accommodation: Broadbill Forest Camp
Meal Plan: Full-Board
Day 3: Return to Entebbe/Kampala
We exit Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to begin our journey to Kampala with lunch en-route at Igongo Cultural Center. As we cross the equator, back into the northern hemisphere, we feel the distance of the Impenetrable forest, but our memories linger close by, accompanying us on our journey home.
Meal Plan: Half-Board
- All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- All ground transportation in a comfortable 4×4 vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- Gorilla permit ($600 permit)
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide
- Water while on safari
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All activities as stipulated in the itinerary
- And all government taxes/levies.
- A pair of Binoculars
- Phone calls and bar bills
- Personal insurance
- Air fare
- All other services of a personal nature
- Driver guide’s gratuity
- No accommodation on day 3 though it can be arranged at an extra cost
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary
Terms and conditions
* The mentioned rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* The high season period includes January, February, June, July, August, September and December.
* The low season period includes March, April, May, October and November.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person at Bushman Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Gorilla permits can only be secured after receiving the requested deposit.