PRIMATE PARADISE SAFARI
It is a rare and touching experience to be allowed into the private lives of primates. In the misty mountains of Bwindi Impenetrable Forests, we hike in silence, searching out families of gorillas, protected by majestic silverback males. At Ngamba Island, orphaned chimpanzees find sanctuary in the open and in the depth of the forest. Each experience is moving in its own way, neither is to be forgotten.
9 DAYS | 8 NIGHTS
- Convenient flights maximize time in Bwindi Forest and Ngamba Island
- Luxury accommodation in the centre of gorilla and chimp habitats
- Tracking and seeing gorilla families
- Meeting chimpanzees and guided walks into Ngamba Forest
- Fishing and cruise in Lake Victoria
Day one: A Warm Welcome
The first of our many enchanting nights is spent at the decadent Serena Lake Victoria resort, overlooking meticulous terraced rose gardens and panoramic views of Lake Victoria.
Day two – five: In the Heart of the Impenetrable Forest
We fly south west to Kayonza, an hour’s drive from the ethereal Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a world heritage site and a harmony of dramatic landscapes. We enter the afternoon with a brisk community walk to learn about life on the outskirts of Bwindi before returning to our luxury tents in the exclusive Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp. This intimate setting is deep in the forest, earning lodgers occasional visits from families of mountain gorillas.
Still, we have many opportunities to tap into the private world of these powerful primates on a gorilla tracking excursion. Anticipation builds as we traverse the undergrowth, expecting a life-altering encounter with a family at any moment. This will be a story to tell for years to come.
Day six – seven: Sanctuary at Ngamba Island
A morning journey whisks us from the depths of the forest to Entebbe. We set sail to Ngamba Island, crossing the equator on Lake Victoria. Perhaps we’ll take a dip in the water at 0 degrees latitude before the boat delivers us to the secluded Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary on Ngamba Island, where we check into luxury tents looking out onto the lake.
From a raised platform, we have full sight of the chimpanzees as they feed and play nearby. Then we introduce ourselves as we help feed them. Gradually, we learn their behavior and get to know our clever and inquisitive hosts.
We set out for a boat cruise and cold drinks at dusk, watching the last of the light fall on fishermen casting their nets.
Day seven – nine: A Last Jaunt with the Chimps
We spend the day strolling with chimps in their natural habitat, deep in the 95 acre forest. They may accompany us on our treks in woodlands abound with diverse plant and tree species, natural caves, and the calls of over 120 species of birds. The island also offers an invigorating full or half day of fishing, where we might catch delightful evidence of our adventure on Ngamba Island.
On the morning of our departure, we say goodbye to the compelling chimps that stole our affection over the days.
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Chimp Habituation Permit (per person) for Kibale Forest
- Entrance fees for National Parks
- Gorilla Tracking Permit (per person) for Bwindi Forest
- Private 4WD Vehicle with an experienced guide
- Road transfers as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Items and services of a personal nature
Terms and conditions
* The mentioned rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* The high season period includes January, February, June, July, August, September and December.
* The low season period includes March, April, May, October and November.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person at Bushman Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Gorilla permits can only be secured after receiving the requested deposit.
* The chimp tracking in Kibale Forest may take place either in the morning or afternoon, depending on the availability of the permits for chimp tracking.
“Great company, Top notch experience”
From beginning to end we had a wonderful safari experience. Kate Okellele at Bushman was our main contact and organizer for our 18-day tour covering much of Uganda, including Mabamba Swamp for shoebill viewing, Sipi Falls, …”
– Mark Newman from United States
“For the time we spent in Queen Elizabeth and Lake Bunyonyi, Bushman safaris booked our accommodation and made sure our days were filled with safaris, lake cruises, comfort and a hot spring…”
– Jolien from Belgium
“Made my time and experiences exceptional”
I travelled for 11 days pearls of Africa deluxe safari with Bushman safaris and it went beyond my expectation. The tour guide was knowledgeable, kind, patient, and fun. From my first interaction with bushman safaris… “
– Samuel from United States
“UWEC Behind the Scenes”
“This was an excellent experience – once in a lifetime! The zookeeper was incredibly knowledgable and passionate, and he made me feel safe while interacting with the animals… “
– Samuel from the United States
“Amazing Uganda because of Bushman Safaris “
“Bushman Safaris Kampala Uganda Our fantastic trips in Uganda with Bushman Safaris: Trip 1 Day trip to jinja and chocolate Factory so interesting thank you Michael our great guide. The Start of the #Nile #JinjaUganda #Monkeys.. “
– Lynne S from United Kingdom
“Overall we had a fantastic time. The northern half of Murchison Falls National Park is beautiful, with all the wildlife we were hoping for Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Budonho Chimp Tracking are…”
– Matt from Canada
“Great 18 day Uganda Safari”
“We arranged a terrific camping safari for 16 days with Bushman Safaris, a local tour operator based in Kampala. The dates were Feb 7-22,2019. The trip coordinator, Kate Okellele, was incredibly helpful in helping… “
– Mark Newman from United States
“Uganda Behind the Scenes Zoo tour”
“Bushman Safaris arranged for my son and I to have a Behind the Scenes tour at the Uganda Zoo. It was an amazing experience that I would highly recommend. Bushman Safaris was great to work wit…”
– Judd W from Russia