SEMLIKI – KIBALE
Enjoy a moment you will remember forever with man’s closest relative, the chimpanzees and wind this four days’ adventure engulfed in the magical world of the steaming sempaya hot springs that attract the most rare bird species in the world!
4 DAYS | 3 NIGHTS
- Lake Nkuruba
- Bigodi swamp walk
- Sempaya hotsprings
- Game drive
Day 1: Hike to Lake Nkuruba
We embark on our journey after breakfast, destined for the serene setting of Kibale National Park. We check in and take lunch at our lodge before setting out on a nature hike to Lake Nkuruba. The hike offers the most ideal views of the dense collection of astounding crater lakes.
Meal plan: F/B
Accommodation: Kibale Forest Camp
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking, Bigodi Swamp walk.
In the morning, we receive our briefing at the Kibale National Park headquarters in preparation for our venture into the forest. Through the undergrowth, we track chimpanzees with the help of our guide and encounter other primates, like the black and white colobus monkey, along the way. From the forest, we return to our lodge and recharge. In the afternoon, we set out for a peaceful walk through Bigodi swamp, keeping a keen eye out for the diverse species of birds that call this swamp home.
Meal plan: F/B
Accommodation: Kibale forest camp.
Day 3: Explore the magical world of Semuliki national park.
Today we journey far west into Semliki Wildlife Reserve which hosts lush forestland, making it an attractive habitat for wildlife and a haven for over 400 bird species and 300 butterfly species. After lunch, we visit the famous Sempaya hot springs, easily identified by clouds of steam seen from as far as 2km. The day ends with an evening game drive; our chance to spot elephants, buffaloes, leopards, civet, and scaly-tailed flying squirrels.
Meal plan: F/B
Accommodation: Mountains of the moon hotel
Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala.
After breakfast, we check-out and emerge from the tranquillity of Semliki to head back to Kampala, stopping en-route for lunch.
Meal plan: H/B
- All airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- Park entrance fees
- All activities within the itinerary
- All meals and accommodation within the itinerary
- All ground transportation in a luxurious 4×4 vehicle
- Full-time guidance from an English-speaking driver/guide
- Water to keep you hydrated while on safari
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Phone calls and bar bills
- Personal insurance
- Air fare
- All other services of a personal nature
- Driver guide’s gratuity
Terms and conditions
* The mentioned rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* The high season period includes January, February, June, July, August, September and December.
* The low season period includes March, April, May, October and November.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person at Bushman Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.